[h-e-w] Re: Middle mouse button is <down-mouse-1> instead of mouse-2

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Middle mouse button is <down-mouse-1> instead of mouse-2
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:42:13 +0200

I now reinstalled the Logitech driver:

Christian Schlauer <address@hidden> writes:
> Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Many mouse drivers on Windows let you configure what the middle button
>> does. Check your mouse settings in the control panel to see if it
>> gives you the option to treat it as a middle button.

Yes, there is the option `middle button' in the driver, so there is no
need to uninstall the driver to get a `mouse-2' button in Emacs, just
configure it as `middle button'. Of course you can't double-click with
it, then.

What I will do now is have the middle button as double-click as
before, and follow the NTEmacs FAQ, "How do I get Emacs to recognize
the third button on my mouse?" (see
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq4.html#mouse-3b>).
There it says: "[...] then at the very least you can have Emacs
emulate the middle button by setting w32-num-mouse-buttons to 2."

I also tried M-: (setq w32-num-mouse-buttons 3) RET, but that isn't
better than the default setting of 5 mouse buttons.

--
Christian Schlauer