[h-e-w] Network switching with GNUClient & GNUServ

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: [h-e-w] Network switching with GNUClient & GNUServ
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:51:47 -0500

Wizards,

I use Emacs on my Windows laptop.  I have added the registry stuff so I have an “Edit with Emacs” option on the context menu for every file type; this invokes path\gnuclientw.exe -q -F "%L" and works great as long as the same network interface(s) are active that were when the server was started.  When the network interfaces come or go, the GNU Client seems unable to communicate with the server, or the server is unable to manipulate Emacs.

Has anyone else noticed this – and solved it?

Mark

--

"The longest you can really expect to work is four hours....  There are lots of exotic fruit juices and mineral water and little snacks around."

  --John Cleese describing working on the Shrek sequel