RE: [h-e-w] insert sterling character

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] insert sterling character
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:54:29 +0100

> From:
> address@hidden

Any of the following should insert a pound sterling character (i.e. they
work for me):

(insert ?£)

(insert 2211)

(insert ?\x8a3)

The latter two have the advantage of not needing a pound sterling key!

To write an interactive command (rather than just a Lisp function), you will
need something like this:

(global-set-key [?\C-$] (lambda () (interactive "*") (insert 2211)))

Again, this works for me.  But beware that I have a UK setup, so I might
have suggested something non-portable without realising it.

Francis