Re: [h-e-w] how to change my emacs fonts to Lucida Console?

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] how to change my emacs fonts to Lucida Console?
Date: 29 Jun 2004 17:27:16 -0500

On Tuesday, June 29, "linhua" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I have tried for a long time, but I can't find any
>related articles. Can anyone tell we how to change my
>Emacs' font to Lucida Console or any fonts else exist
>in windows 2000?

If the font is already installed (likely), I assume
that you can access it using mouse-set-font.  So I
further assume that you are asking how to change the
default.  I use Lucida Console myself, and here is the
call I use in my initialization to set my default
frame parameters:

(setq default-frame-alist
  '( (top   . 3 ) (height . 44 )
     (left  . 40) (width  . 105)
     (cursor-type      .  bar)
     (cursor-color     . "Red")
     (foreground-color . "black")
     (background-color . "gray88")
     (font             . "-*-Lucida
Console-normal-r-*-*-18-108-*-*-c-*-*-ansi-")))

To see what the pop-up font-setting dialogue is
returning, try calling (w32-select-font) directly.
You can copy the resulting string from emacs'
*Messages* buffer.  (It is what matters for
default-frame-alist and it is not the same as the
string which appears in emacs' font list.)

Regards,
 David V.

PS - There recently appeared among my choices for
fixed width fonts some new ones for a variety of
foreign languages and whose names start with "WST-".
I have no idea what caused them to be installed.  Does
anyone have a guess?