Re: [h-e-w] Some keys not working on a docking station

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Some keys not working on a docking station
Date: 29 Jun 2004 02:04:04 -0500

On Monday, June 28, "Sarir Khamsi" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I think this is an NT Emacs-only problem...I can't get a remapped key
>to work on Emacs 21.3.1, Win2k, SP3. I've mapped C-f1 to a command and
>that does not work, but C-f8 does (that is remapped to a different
>command). This problem only occurs when I'm hooked up to my laptop's
>docking station. It is fine when the laptop is operated away from the
>docking station. Any ideas? Thanks.

Though you have not been explicit about your symptoms
of not-workingness, I think there are BIOS problems
which can cause such symptoms and there is little
emacs can do about it.

For example, with my motherboard, I cannot detect C-M.
C-m is OK, but nothing at all comes through from the
m-key when both the shift and control keys are
depressed.

Regards,
  David V.