[h-e-w] Help for diff. Was - Help

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: [h-e-w] Help for diff. Was - Help
Date: 29 Apr 2004 21:33:56 -0500

On Thursday, April 29, "Alex Shan Zhu" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I had a problem of using diff (or ediff) in my emacs
>installed on Windows XP. I started emacs by running
>"emacs --debug-init." And I got the following
>message.

>Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Searching for program" "no such
>file or directory" "diff")

Have you installed the program diff.exe on your system
and is it on your path for executables?

If not, you can get it and many more wonderful GNU
utilities here:

   http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

Those executables are MinGW-based.  A more ambitious
approach to getting these utilities is to install
Cygwin.

Regards,
  David V.