Re: [h-e-w] NTEmacs always create files with executable bit

From: Michael campbell
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] NTEmacs always create files with executable bit
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:52:34 -0500

Steven Woody wrote:

Hi,

My NTEmacs on cygwin always set the executable bit for any file it
create.  Doese anyone heard this problem?

My emacs creates file as executable only if the file extension is known by Windows to be an executable. (That is, it creates the file as executable if it's named ".exe", ".com", etc. but not ".txt")