[h-e-w] ls-lisp update

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: [h-e-w] ls-lisp update
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:21:36 -0000

An updated version is available via http://centaur.maths.qmul.ac.uk/Emacs/.
Changes that I don't think I have advertised before are these:

Re-implements the -F switch handling to avoid breaking symlink support; with
w32-symlinks it should now be compatible with Cygwin ls.

Provides an option to skip files whose attributes cannot be accessed (which
caused me problems in C:\WINNT\ on Windows NT 4.0).

I would be interested to know whether anyone else has noticed the attributes
problem; if not then maybe my file system is screwed up.  The symptom is
that explorer shows a couple of files with strange single-character
non-ASCII names for which Emacs can access the name but not the attributes.
Hence, ls-lisp could sort the directory by name but not by any other
attribute such as date.  I'm surprised that it didn't cause ls-lisp to fail
more dramatically, but I suspect that the attributes that it displayed for
these strange files were bogus.

Francis