Re: [h-e-w] Current word on binaries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Current word on binaries
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:49:29 +0200

> From: Harald Maier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:24:08 +0100
>
> > Why not simply patch the sources and be done with it?
>
> If this is possible, I don't have a problem with that. My only problem
> is that the current emacs-21.3.tar.gz _sources_ in a actual cygwin
> environment are useless. You will always get discussions about the
> problem. Are there any plans to distribute the RC branch. That would
> fix the problem too.

I don't think there are plans to make another release from the branch,
but I didn't see any final word by Richard on this, so I guess it's
possible.

In any case, we could replace emacs-21.3.tar.gz with a tarball under
the same name where emacs.c is patched.  (We could call it
emacs-21.3a.tar.gz, if using the same name would confuse people.)