Re: [h-e-w] Current word on binaries

From: Harald Maier
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Current word on binaries
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:41:29 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Harald Maier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It's gcc-3.3.1.
>
> GCC 3.2 has the same problem. -O1 and -O0 do not help.

Ok, I remember it again. Last year there was a patch about _fmode and
O_BINARY for gcc -mno-cygwin. See herefor the the messages in
emacs-devel with:

,----
`----

,----[ snippet from the emacs.c patch ]
| ! #if defined (MSDOS) || defined (WINDOWSNT)
|     /* We do all file input/output as binary files.  When we need to translate
|        newlines, we do that manually.  */
|     _fmode = O_BINARY;
| + #endif /* MSDOS || WINDOWSNT */
|
| + #ifdef MSDOS
`----

I tried it and then it works fine. Is it not possible to add an file
to the /pub/gnu/emacs sources that describes the restriction or
mentinones the patch.

Harald