[h-e-w] moderation enabled

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: [h-e-w] moderation enabled
Date: 27 Dec 2003 18:11:20 -0600

No one has dissented on restricting posting to
subscribers, and I received a few private messages
encouraging the change.

Unfortunately, I can no longer find a configuration
option in Mailman which allows me to restrict posting
to subscribers.  I am sure that there used to be such
an option in there.  (I know, because, a couple years
ago, I had a dialogue with a gnu.org sysadmin about
how to set it!)  If it still exists and if anyone
knows where to find it, please clue me in.

In the meantime, I have enabled moderation.
Unfortunately, this will slow things down a bit.
Fortunately, we rarely have any time-critical crises
on the list.  ;-)
I will try to check at least twice a day.  (At least
the moderation approach still allows anyone to post.)

I still regard this as temporary, but I am not getting
any feedback from the gnu.org administrators for
Mailman in general.  If any of you have an 'in' on
that front, please get someone to help us.

Regards,
  David V.