ange-ftp and usernames with "@" [was Re: [h-e-w] tramp question]

From: Michael R . Wolf
Subject: ange-ftp and usernames with "@" [was Re: [h-e-w] tramp question]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:13:25 -0800

Michael W Daniels <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone know how to use tramp when the remote username contains an @ sign?
>
> Trying
>
> /address@hidden@site.com:/path/to/file.txt

I've got a similar question with ange-ftp

I can get there manually like this from the command line:

$ ftp
> open ftp.metajiva.com
> user address@hidden

How do I enable ange-ftp to pick the right username with the
following, otherwise ambiguous argument to find-file?

    /address@hidden@ftp.metajiva.com:

> (I regrettably have no control over my remote username.)

I, too, can't change it. What's even more annoying is that anonymous
FTP doesn't even use the loging "anoymous" -- it's
"address@hidden". So much for 30 year old standards....

It doesn't work through ange-ftp now. Can I configurate it to
accomodate this silly username?

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!