[h-e-w] Re: Windows binaries?

From: Robert Praetorius
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Windows binaries?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:27:39 -0500

>     David> [Windows binaries] are where they have long been:
>     David> ftp.gnu.org in /gnu/windows/emacs.
>
> The only things in that directory are four-month-old messages that
> indicate that the binaries will be back "Real Soon Now".

     I don't know about ftp.gnu.org, but I went to the geographically
closest mirror for me (aeneas.mit.edu/pub/gnu/) and the 21.3 subdirectory
lists some files with large sizes (and dates of 4/22/2003).  I started to
download one of the larger files to make sure it wasn't a mirage (it
wasn't - I canceled after a few %).  Strangely, *.back-RSN.README DID seem
to be mirages (they're listed in the directory, but an attempt to download
one is greeted with

    server said: emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz.back-RSN.README: No such
    file or directory.