[h-e-w] Scrolling with WheelMouse in split window

From: Luetzeler Michael
Subject: [h-e-w] Scrolling with WheelMouse in split window
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:21:32 +0100

Hello,

I have strange behavior when working with a horizontally split window:
Using a WheelMouse always the top buffer gets the scrolling event.

Specifically when I edit a source file and call compile the *compilation*
buffer appears in the lower part of the window. Regardless of where the
cursor is the scrolling events always get passed to the top buffer.

This is on W2K with Emacs 21.2.1 2002-03-19 on buffy.

Is this a configuration problem with my mouse, or a known bug?

Cheers,
Michael
Dr.-Ing. Michael Luetzeler
 Siemens AG, Corporate Technology