Re: [h-e-w] Another problem with MinGW shell in Emacs: directory trackin

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Another problem with MinGW shell in Emacs: directory tracking
Date: 16 Oct 2003 16:44:51 -0400

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> In Emacs, I set explicit-shell-file-name to "sh.exe", the args to
> "--login" and "-i".  I then do M-x shell RET.  Good.  I change to a
> directory ~/foo.  Type C-x C-f bar.c RET.  Good.
>
> Change to another directory e:/baz.  Type C-x C-f...  Bad!

Two points. First, a matter of style. Don't use the shell to change
directories; First do C-x C-f, _then_ do e:/baz/... That always works.

Second, what you did works for me when I use Cygwin bash as the
sub-shell. I haven't tried it with Mingw sh; maybe that's a
difference.

Ok, three points; there is an emacs library that handles cygwin paths;
maybe it handles mingw paths as well. cygmount.el, or something; I
don't use it.

--
-- Stephe