[h-e-w] gnuserv problem

From: Nikolaus Vonessen
Subject: [h-e-w] gnuserv problem
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:12:22 -0600 (MDT)

Hi!

I have trouble using gnuserv.  If I understand it correctly, if a
program calls gnuserv with a file name (say paper.tex), gnuserv is
supposed to

1) start gnu emacs with paper.tex if gnu emacs is not yet running;
2) if gnu emacs is running:
     2a) if there is NO buffer paper.tex, to create one.
     2b) if there already exists a buffer paper.tex, switch to it.

Case 2b) does not work for me (see "PS" below why this case is
important for me).  I should add that I have gnuserv open up files in
a new frame (seemingly the default).  I like it that way and want
gnuserv to behave that way (just not in Case 2b) if the buffer already
exists).

Some specifics:  I am using:

Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4)
GNU emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2003-03-27
auctex 11.13
gnuserv-2.1p1.zip  (the name of the gnuserv zip file)
MiKTeX 2.3

Thanks for any pointers!
Yours,
            Nikolaus Vonessen

PS Why Case 2b) comes up: I frequently edit tex files (say paper.tex),
   using auctex mode.  I preview the resulting dvi file (paper.dvi)
with yap (the MiKTeX previewer).  When I double-click somewhere in the
yap window (say because I saw a typo), yap calls gnuserv with the file
name paper.tex and the line number of the corresponding line in the
file paper.tex.  Gnuserv then pops up a new emacs frame with a new
buffer containing paper.tex.  Soon I have quite a few frames with the
same buffer, cluttering up my screen.

PPS I submitted this question originally in early August, but it was
     never posted, since the list was seemingly down.