Re: [h-e-w] Flash problem for controling the window-frame position

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Flash problem for controling the window-frame position
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:30:31 +0100

From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 11:47 AM

> >   I want to control the window-frame't position and width when NTEmacs
> startups.
> > But, I find that the frame is first diaplayed on the left-top conner of
> my desktop.
> > Then with a flash, the frame goto the position I wanted.
> > Can the frame be displayed derectly on the right position, without this
> disagreeable "Flash".
>
> You need to set the geometry in the registry. I have the following in my
> registry :-
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs]
> "emacs.geometry"="90x58+629+168"
>
> HTH

You can also set a lot of options (including the frame geometry) by
including them on the command line (in the shortcut) that you use to start
Emacs; see the section on "Command Line Arguments" in the Emacs Manual.  For
example, the above setting becomes

   --geometry=90x58+629+168

as a command-line option or

   -g 90x58+629+168