Re: [h-e-w] Flash problem for controling the window-frame position

From: Andy . Ling
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Flash problem for controling the window-frame position
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:47:44 +0100

>   I want to control the window-frame't position and width when NTEmacs
startups.
> But, I find that the frame is first diaplayed on the left-top conner of
my desktop.
> Then with a flash, the frame goto the position I wanted.
> Can the frame be displayed derectly on the right position, without this
disagreeable "Flash".

You need to set the geometry in the registry. I have the following in my
registry :-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs]
"emacs.geometry"="90x58+629+168"

HTH

Andy Ling                         email: address@hidden
Quantel Ltd.                      Tel:   +44 (0)1635 48222
Turnpike Road, Newbury Berks UK. RG14 2NX