[h-e-w] sendmail.el issues with gnus in 21.3

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: [h-e-w] sendmail.el issues with gnus in 21.3
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:46:15 +0530

Hello,

I'm facing a peculiar problem with the sendmail.el bundled with 21.3
Ntemacs.   If I use oort 0.24 with the one which came packaged in
NTemacs fullbin to send a mail, I get

454 client not authenticated

I use the sendmail.el which I used in the 21.1 version, the mail goes
out.  I use the nnimap functionality, to read/send mail.  The server
is MS xchange.

So I did a diff of both the sendmail.el files but ediff reports 1
diff; which is the entire buffer itself.  Needless to say, my elisp
knowledge is abysmal, so I wouldn't know how to debug this even if it
pointed out large number of diffs.

Another catch is, the sendmail.el file is a version, I'm pretty sure,
I downloaded from Simon Josefsen's site more than 6 months ago.  To be
a little accurate, it was around the time when Jason Rumney posted a
quick HOWTO on how to get Gnus up and running on this list.

I can provide the sendmail.el  version, if someone needs it i.e. the
one that works for me.

Right now, mail works but using a sendmail.el version which is not the
one bundled with 21.3

regards,
Sivaram