[h-e-w] 21.3/Windows XP/Cygwin Crash

From: Jeff Finger
Subject: [h-e-w] 21.3/Windows XP/Cygwin Crash
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:21:19 +0300

I built 21.3 from

    emacs-21.3-src.tar.gz 19-Mar-2003 07:57 19.5M

on my Windows XP machine using gcc from Cygwin and the system crashes upon
initialization.

A look at the Net reveals that this is a known problem, and I found various
patches for a pre-release version 21.3.50. I did not find an official GNU
patch for 21.3 and am surprised that 3 months after the release that there
is not a new release fixing this problem.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Jeff Finger

PS. I ended up installing the bin-i386.tar.gz and it works ok, but I
certainly prefer building my own.