Re: [h-e-w] NTemacs writes outside its window.

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] NTemacs writes outside its window.
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:14:09 -0400 (EDT)

It happened again.  emacs is writing in windows that it doesn't own.

address@hidden recommended that I adjust the graphics acceleration.
When emacs started misbehaving again, in similar circumstances with
249 listed buffers and probably another 15 or 20 more invisible buffers
and with 49MB in the emacs process according to windows task manager,
I attempted to adjust the graphics acceleration.

I am working on XP home edition.  When I got to the "Intel(r) Graphics
Technology" menu, which properties on the desktep eventually gets to,
it was broken.  Every time I clicked on a tab, the tab and the entire contents
it should display vanished.  I cancelled.

Then I killed emacs and explored the display properties, which now worked.
The graphics accelerator menu looks to be information only.  I didn't see
anything to set.

I restarted emacs and everything is behaving normally.

My diagnosis remains what I proposed before
.> I sense two problems, one is that some variable in the C code for emacs is
> overflowing.  The other is that Windows is allowing the erroneous emacs
> internal screen writing call to write in a screen area that should be
> blocked.

Rich