Re: [h-e-w] Re: Windows clipboard cut/paste woes...

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Windows clipboard cut/paste woes...
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 01:10:44 -0500

    Galen> On Fri, 30 May 2003, address@hidden wrote:
    >> I've become dazed an confused as to how one can copy & paste a
    >> region to the Windows clipboard.  Everything is working fine
    >> for mouse selections, but what I'd like in addition is to be
    >> able to set a C-S- @

    Galen> I'd recommend C-space.

    >> and sweep out a region with C-v, etc.  The trouble is...I can't
    >> figure out how to get that region into the Windows clipboard.

    Galen> I don't get it.  Whatever was last copied is in the
    Galen> window's clipboard.  Maybe you are confused because if you
    Galen> copy something else the previous copy is now not known to
    Galen> Emacs?  That's just the way it, AFAIK.

    Galen> Please try putting cursor somewhere at the beginning of
    Galen> some line, hit C-space, C-e M-w

    Galen> Now, open notepad and hit C-c.
                                     ^^^
I believe Galen meant to say C-v instead of C-c.

But like Galen says... there is nothing magical about about getting
this to work.

Press C-space at the beginning of a line... C-n down a few lines to
get a region and hit either M-w (to copy) or C-w (to cut).  Then go to
notepad (or wherever) and hit C-v or Shift-insert to paste.