[h-e-w] Windows clipboard cut/paste woes...

From: Dr. Andrew Mayer
Subject: [h-e-w] Windows clipboard cut/paste woes...
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:55:54 -0700

Hi Folks,

I've become dazed an confused as to how one can copy & paste a region to

the Windows clipboard.  Everything is working fine for mouse

selections, but what I'd like in addition is to be able to set a C-S- @

and sweep out a region with C-v, etc.  The trouble is...I can’t

figure out how to get that region into the Windows clipboard.

I've been reading webpages, played with interprogram

cut/paste, tried C-Ins and S-Ins, clipboard-kill-region, etc.

Nothing seems to work.

I'm not using X and don't want the cua.el rebindings...I just want to

sweep out a region and hit some key I’ll bind, e.g., F3 to copy-to-clipboard

(better than cut) and maybe F4 paste-from clipboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

P.S.  One of the leads I came across in my hunt is W32-shellex.el

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Is it useful?

Out-of-date?  If worthwhile, would someone please ship me or point me to

a copy?