Re: [h-e-w] File size anomoly

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] File size anomoly
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:06:24 +0100

You could try find-file-literally.  However, I'm not convinced that will solve the problem.  If a file is changed after you have opened it in Emacs, you can use revert-buffer to update it.  But, if some networking software is modifying the file in some strange way outside of Emacs then I don't know what you can do about that.  If you're accessing the remote file using ange-ftp then it should (I think) use binary mode and so not change the file.  What do you think is doing the "end-of-line transliterations"?

Francis