[h-e-w] RE: Query-replace-regexp

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [h-e-w] RE: Query-replace-regexp
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:35:01 -0400

The dot wildcard is hungry.  It's gobbles everything up to the end of
line, including forward slashes.

I assume you have a lengthy list of lines that are in the form you
posted.  If you want only the first / in each line to be changed,
perhaps you can cut a rectangular section, yank it into *scratch*,
perform the replacement in scratch, then cut from scratch and yank back
into the main buffer.

Or just globally replace this:
/\(.*\)$
with this:
///\1

Or perhaps narrowing can be used?  I've never used narrowing, but I
think it might help in your case.

HTH