[h-e-w] How can I set Emacs as my default editor?

From: Delin Shen
Subject: [h-e-w] How can I set Emacs as my default editor?
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 18:23:13 -0400

Hi,

I succeeded in setting emacs for my java files, but it won't work for other files like tex. I don't remember how I set it for java files. I set it for tex files by selecting the "open with" option, and assigned it to runemacs.exe.

When I double click tex files, a cmd window appears for less than a second and then disappears. I don't know why is that. When I double click java files, it opens correctly in emacs (without a cmd window, as I used runemacs.exe rather than emacs.exe).

I'm using XP Pro and Emacs 21.2.

Thanks.

Delin