[h-e-w] Would like to use vers 21.2 but ...

From: Patrick Flaherty
Subject: [h-e-w] Would like to use vers 21.2 but ...
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:04:29 -0700

Just downloaded it and installed to try again what I've tried (unsuccessfully)

with the last several versions.  And it still doesn't work.

In 20.3.6.1 (which I still use) I can do the following in telnet mode:

I didn't hit RETURN after each line of the sql - I used arrow-down.  And

then when I submitted the whole thing, the 'cont>''s were added automatically

And MOST IMPORTANT, when I do command recall in the telnet buffer,

I can back all the multiple lines of a single SQL query as one piece.

In all versions after 20.3.6.1 (that I've tried), including 21.2 that I just tried

now, I get the following:

I believe the telnet mode relies on comint mode underneath (I've looked

through the code some).  So maybe it's just a usage problem, except that

in the newer versions I need to set some lisp variable that will give me the

behavior I want?  Here's hoping.

pat