Re: [h-e-w] cua.el and clipboard

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cua.el and clipboard
Date: 06 Mar 2003 15:54:06 -0600

On Thursday, March 06, "MaurĂ­cio" <address@hidden> wrote:
>   In windows, I understand that the default Emacs behavior is to
>interact with clipboard. I think this is bad because, when I select some
>text, Emacs kills what is already on windows clipboard.
>   I'm now using cua.el, and I like it. Is it possible to tell cua that
>I want to be able to interact with the clipboard using C-C, C-Z etc. but
>except for that Emacs should never touch or use the clipboard?

I am also opposed to emacs messing with the Windows
Clipboard every time I put something on the emacs kill
ring.  But this is all I do about it:

;; Disable routine Windows clipboard action and bind
;; S-insert and C-insert to explicit clipboard actions.
;;
(setq x-select-enable-clipboard nil)
(global-set-key [S-insert]      'clipboard-yank)
(global-set-key [C-insert]      'clipboard-kill-ring-save)

Not exactly what you are asking for (since I don't do
the CUA thing), but it should give you the necessary
hints.

Regards,
  David V.