Re: [h-e-w] Re: How to tell (windows) emacs which ftp.exe, ediff.exe,gre

From: Neil J Mackie
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: How to tell (windows) emacs which ftp.exe, ediff.exe,grep.exe... files to use
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:58:10 -0000

Michael asked::

>>Has anyone done this as a single icon for double-clicking convenience?

Someone has and I have used it. My desktop shortkut to emacs is a shortcut

"C:\Program Files\emacs-21.2\bin\assoc.cmd"

and assoc.cmd contains

::@echo off
:: Installation
:: Place a copy of the batch file and pif file in your emacs bin directory
::  You may need to change the paths below to match your installation
:: Add any switches you normally call emacs with to the line below :spawn
:: Change the path of the batch file the pif calls as necessary
:: Usage
:: Place a copy of the pif on your desktop for easy drag and drop
::  file viewing/editing.
:: Associate your text files etc. with the batch file
C:\unix\gnuclient.exe -q %1 > nul
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto spawn
goto fin
:spawn
"C:\Program Files\emacs-21.2\bin\runemacs.exe" %1
:fin

Regards,
Neil (J Mackie).