[h-e-w] Win2000 errant paste

From: John Poole
Subject: [h-e-w] Win2000 errant paste
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:59:04 -0800

I've been using the NT emacs for over 3 years, I upgrade to 21.2.1
(i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2002-03-19 last fall.  I also use GNUserve.
I have been noticing that errant pastes occur:  I'm jumping between
applications a lot and cutting/pasting and then I'll find portions from
the clipboard pasted into parts of the current document in emacs that I
had not intended.  I did not have this behavior before and am writing to
see if anyone else has experienced this.  I believe I'm using the same
lisp packages that I used in the previous version.

I'm on Windows2000 (5.00.2195 Service Pack 3).

This happens infrequently enough that I am wondering how I can catch the
behavior and try to make the problem reproducible.
I know this doesn't help much, but I searched this group's archives for
"paste" and did not find anything that looked like what I am
experiencing, so I thought I'd post this just in case others might be
experiencing the same.  I hope this might just be a problem with my
hardware as I think emacs for windows is a really great product.  Keep
up the good work!

--
John Laurence Poole (650) 607-0853
Senior Product Analyst - Applications Technology Group

AIM: JohnLPoole

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do
not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.