[h-e-w] Re: Dired on windows

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Dired on windows
Date: 09 Feb 2003 09:10:06 -0800

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, address@hidden wrote:
> Galen: What do you mean by "VNC shares"?  To me, VNC means Virtual
> Network Computing by AT&T Laboratories, Cambridge (UK), the free
> remote-access facility, a bit like Microsoft Remote Desktop, and I
> don't see what that has to do with shares.

Arghhhh!!!  I and another fellow are going to be using VNC again in my
new job so I guess it was on my mind.  I meant the window network
shares, \\hostname\folder\...

> If you mean network shares that are not mapped to drive letters then I
> don't think WSH provides access to them (does it?),

I don't know if WSH provides access to UNC shares.  Don't even know
anything about WSH.  With the elisp you've produced, you are a better
man to answer than I.

> so a different approach would be required.

I wonder if work on UNC shares would be applicable to mapped shares?
--
Galen deForest Boyer