RE: [h-e-w] Selecting and setting a fixed width font for NT

From: Mason, Michael M
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Selecting and setting a fixed width font for NT
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:10:49 -0000

> I would welcome suggestions from others using emacs on NT/XP
> as to which fonts are fixed width and which they find easy to
> read. My personal preference seems to be towards sans serif
> fonts that are not too wide.

I find 'Courier New' tends to have a line-spacing that's too large, and at
smaller sizes it becomes hard to read.  I've tried 'Lucida Console' but I
find that it seems squashed vertically and stretched horizontally.

Personally I prefer 'Andale Mono', which is a Microsoft TrueType font
(previously called 'Monotype.com' IIRC).  I find this very legible at 8
point, which gives me around 70 lines in a full-height frame.

--
Michael