RE: [h-e-w] How to add to a menu

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] How to add to a menu
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:38:28 -0500

I tend to use the easy-menu package (easymenu.el, comes with emacs), an
example of adding a new menu to the main menubar is given below. Hope that
helps.

jonathan.

(easy-menu-add-item
 nil nil
 (easy-menu-create-menu
 "w32-shell"
 '(
   ["Use bash for shell commands" toggle-implicit-shell
    :style toggle
    :selected (eq shell-flag t)
    :help "Use cygwin bash shell for shell comands"
    :active t]
   ["Use cmd for shell commands" toggle-implicit-shell
    :style toggle
    :selected (eq shell-flag nil)
    :help "Use cmd shell for shell comands"
    :active t]
   ["Add cygwin-bin-dir to path" toggle-cygwin-bin-in-path
    :style toggle
    :selected (eq cygwin-bin-in-path-flag t)
    :help "Adds cygwin-bin-dir to PATH"
    :active t]
   )))