[h-e-w] spaces in directory names

From: Carlo L. Bottasso
Subject: [h-e-w] spaces in directory names
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:27:41 -0500

Hi all,
I have successfully installed emacs on a new system running XP, and I have associated a few file types with emacs. However, when I double-click on an emacs-associated file that is within a directory with spaces in its name (typically, My Documents), emacs seems to be confused and does not really open the file that I am double-clicking.

The strange thing is that, several months ago I installed emacs on my portable, which also runs XP, and I do not seem to have the same problem there.

I think this should be a common problem for whoever runs XP on a windows system, but, unless I missed it, I have not seen it discussed on the FAQ or on this mailing list.

Thanks in advance at however can help on this,
Carlo