[h-e-w] AW: [Ecb-list] Problems with ECB and BBDB/Gnus

From: Berndl, Klaus
Subject: [h-e-w] AW: [Ecb-list] Problems with ECB and BBDB/Gnus
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:25:27 +0100

Hello all,

I only can speak for the ECB-side: I do not use BBDB and have also no BBDB
installed so i can not test your problems. But in generel i would strongly
recommend not to activate ECB during using Gnus, BBDB or other tools which have
an own window-management in any kind. ECB advices a lot of functions like
switch-to-buffer, other-window, split-window-..., delete-window... when called
in the ecb-frame (in all other frames the functions behave as the originals)

I'm using Gnus in an own Emacs-instance not started with gnuserv/gnuclientw!
All other emacsen i start with gnuserv/gnuclientw so there is no conflict
between them. All files are opened in the not-Gnus-Instance of Emacs.

ecb-major-modes-activate and ecb-major-modes-deactivate which maybe can be used
in a senseful way to autom. Deactivate ECB if a Gnus or BBDB buffer is selected
and reactivates ECB after selecting any other buffer. But i have not tested
this scenario...

Klaus