RE: [h-e-w] Help Buffer is Read Only

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Help Buffer is Read Only
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:45:01 -0500

Probably the easiest thing to do is save the file under a different name and
edit that - i.e. in emacs do C-x C-w.

Add the following to your .emacs file to turn on font locking automatically
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

And to turn on transient mark mode by default, add
(setq transient-mark-mode t)
to your .emacs.

Much of emacs customization can be unearthed by using the built in help eg.
C-h f to describe a function etc. Also www.dotemacs.de has many examples of
.emacs files to accomplish many things, worth looking there.

hth
jonathan.