Re: [h-e-w] Box cursor when in "insert mode"

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Box cursor when in "insert mode"
Date: 18 Nov 2002 15:13:10 -0500

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002, Daniel Hegyi wrote:

> I'd like to have the cursor become a box when I'm in "insert mode"
> (i.e., when I press the insert key once.) How can I do that?
> Currently it just turns yellow, I guess because I have
> (set-face-background 'region "yellow") set in my .emacs.

Sorry for the late reply.  Here's something I have which should work
with either Emacs 20 or 21 (I have no clue if it works under XEmacs).

   http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html

Look for bar-cursor mode.

It honors the current blinking cursor mode setting, so it blinks or
doesn't depending on your setting of that mode, not whether you're in
insert mode or not.

--
Regards,

joe