RE: [h-e-w] Box cursor when in "insert mode"

From: Eli Daniel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Box cursor when in "insert mode"
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:37:03 -0500

I wrote a little package to make the cursor act more "windowsy" as I
think of it, though since then I've realized that few Windows programs
actually work that way.

Anyway, what it does is make the cursor a blinking bar when inserting
and a solid box when overwriting.

I used to have it up on the web, but I don't think I've replaced it
since switching ISPs.  It's pretty short, so I guess I'll just attach
the file.

To use, put the attached file in your load-path and include this in your
.emacs:

(require 'w32-cursor)
(blink-cursor-mode nil)
(w32-cursor-mode 1)

Note: this requires Emacs 21.  I have somewhere a version for Emacs 20
as well, so if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll see if I can
dig it up.

-Eli

,default-cursor-type))))