Re: [h-e-w] How to setup network printer in GNU Emacs?

From: Michael Flynn
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] How to setup network printer in GNU Emacs?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:46:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
This setup works for me:
(setq printer-name "//AVALON/CAXTON" )  ; network printer
(setq ps-printer-name "//AVALON/CAXTON")  ; Postscript network printer

Where the name of the printer is CAXTON and the domain is AVALON.

>From the NT menus, if you look at the printers that NT can see, you will
see that they will have names of that kind of format "//NETWORK/PRINTER" ;
just choose the one that's convenient to you.

If its on a wireless netwrok at home or just attached to the NT box your
are using, the easiest thing may be to get NT to 'share' it.  Then the
name would be same format as above, eg:
(setq printer-name "//AVALON/CAXTON" )
where AVALON is your machine name and CAXTON is the printer name.

Michael