Re: [h-e-w] need help with emacs -21.2 (was (no subject))

From: Robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] need help with emacs -21.2 (was (no subject))
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:40:26 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2002 11:12:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, address@hidden writes:

You did not say what environment you were trying to make emacs in.  Since you posted to the emacs-windows list I am going to assume that you are trying to build emacs on a windows PC.  If that is the case is there a reason that you do not want to load the pre-built binary version of emacs for windows, that can be found at: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/latest/?

Interesting.  The original poster certainly left a lot of information out.
I guessed from his message that he did install the prebuilt binary and attempted to compile something from emacs.   After all the "make -k" is the default value of the '"compile-command" variable.
  Assuming my interpretation is correct, there are a number of things one could do.  I don't care to spend any more time speculating though.

  Junaid,
   Are you trying to compile emacs, or are you trying to compile something else, within emacs?
   IIf you're trying to compile emacs, what compiler are you using?
   If you're compiling something else, what language is it.  And do you have a compiler?  What one?

   Please use sensible subject lines when initiating a thread to a mailing list or newsgroup.
(Jay has already corrected this.)