[h-e-w] automated changing of fonts for different modes?

From: Bob DuCharme
Subject: [h-e-w] automated changing of fonts for different modes?
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:55:07 -0500

Can anyone suggest how I might reset the displayed font by mode (fixedsys for python, perl mode, etc., arial for txt mode, xml mode, etc.)?

I assume that I would include something in an add-hook expression, as shown below, but can't figure out what.

  (add-hook 'xml-mode-hook
  (lambda ()
    (define-key xml-mode-map "/" `sgml-slash-check)
    ; what can I add here to set the text to Arial in xml-mode?
  ))

thanks,

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
(bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists)