AW: [h-e-w] Asking for help on 2 problems (ange-ftp, file dir)

From: Berndl, Klaus
Subject: AW: [h-e-w] Asking for help on 2 problems (ange-ftp, file dir)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:45:31 +0100

>Yeah, the newest version of cygwin-mount.el helps!
>Thanks, Klaus!
>And I removed the ante-ftp after all, also this solves the problem of
>unexpected > insertion of duplicated dir prefix!

Ok, fine!

>I still got one error:

>------
>Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable sgml-mode)
>  (autoload sgml-mode "psgml" "Major mode to edit SGML files." t)
>------

>What does this mean? I have another line of (sgml-mode) in the .emacs
>file.

This means that you have to write the line as:
(autoload 'sgml-mode "psgml" "Major mode to edit SGML files." t)

Note the quote before sgml-mode. Otherwise Emacs tries to evaluate the variable
with name "sgml-mode", but this isn't a variable but the symbol of the function
sgml-mode (which you want to to load).

Ciao,
Klaus