[h-e-w] NTEmacs Network installation for multiusers

From: Brian Murphy
Subject: [h-e-w] NTEmacs Network installation for multiusers
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:08:15 +0100 (BST)

I want to be able to use NTemacs on different machines
all using
Windows 2000 each having access to a shared network
driver. However,
I want to be able to have the same configuration when
I move between
machines (recent files, .el packages, etc)

To achieve this I was thinking of installing emacs on
a shared
network drive. Everyone who wants to use emacs would
use this network
installation. I can then easily install new packages
or change
configurations files without having to do this on each
individual
machine for each individual user.

If anyone has experince of this please let me know if
there is any
problem (or indeed any benefits) using this shared
network
installation. Or is there another way to achieve the
same thing which
someone has tried and tested?

Thanks,
BM