Re: [h-e-w] Using control keys in bash shell within emacs

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Using control keys in bash shell within emacs
Date: 14 Oct 2002 23:54:13 -0700

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, address@hidden wrote:

> Nothing much that I actually use.  I think that shell mode was
> modelled on the input facilities of shells such as bash.  There are
> probably a few subtle facilities available only directly in bash, but
> off hand I can't think of any.  However, you can mouse-2 on previous
> input in shell mode to copy it to the next prompt, and that sort of
> facility is not available directly in bash!

Something I just found awhile ago and fell in love with is C-c SPC.

You can accumulate history lines as one batch job and then hit return to
send them.  Not sure if there is anymore extensions for that, like error
checking and such, but the functionality is very nice.  You also can
then recall that multiple line input with history.  Very, very slick!