Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on Windows a piece of cake!

From: Harald . Maier . BW
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on Windows a piece of cake!
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:23:37 +0200

"Underwood, Jonathan" <address@hidden> writes:

> hm, i did exactly that which is described below, and see a pile of errors
> and warnings during compilation, and the final make aborts with an error,
> althoug emacs.exe is built and functional at the end.

I am using this one and this works fine since a while. I have not
tried a newer mingw package. You have to look for 'Built for mingw32'.
I fear your are still accessing the one with 'Build for
i686-pc-cygwin'.

,----
| $ make -v
| GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
| Built for mingw32
| Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000
|         Free Software Foundation, Inc.
| This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
| There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
| PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
|
| Report bugs to <address@hidden>.
`----

My recipe to test this is: add a test target to the make file as
follows:

,----
| test:
|         make -v