Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on Windows a piece of cake!

From: Chris Lott
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on Windows a piece of cake!
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:54:44 -0800

Underwood, Jonathan <address@hidden> spake thusly:

> As an aside, with the availability of mingw and cygwin, I wonder if
> the ntemacs port couldn't be configured by the usual congigure script
> in the base source directory as it would on any other unix system, or
> is this something to do with keeping compatibility with MSVC ?

Of this, I have no idea. This is actually what I started out trying to do
(not being one who reads instructions FIRST, usually) and quickly got
nowhere. Since the end result is not a pure console app, I suspect there
must be items specific to the windows compilation that are not
easily/possibly integrated into the main configuration. But that is just my
layman's guess!