Re: [h-e-w] IMAP,gnus & spam mails

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] IMAP,gnus & spam mails
Date: 05 Oct 2002 00:06:01 +0200

Hi,

Sivaram Neelakantan <address@hidden> writes:
> Those examples seem to move mails to different folders under the same
> group while I'm trying to move mails to a completely different group
> i.e from INBOX to "Deleted Items", so setting something like this, is
> NOT working for me.
>
> [...]
>
> of going to the trash.  On my IMAP server, these are the groups I've
> subscribed to.
>
>        0: nnimap+10.200.4.9:Deleted Items
>        0: nnimap+10.200.4.9:Sent Items
>        0: nnimap+10.200.4.9:INBOX

As far as Gnus is concerned a folder *is* a group, there is no
difference.  Gnus is primarily supposed to be a Newsreader after all.

Now if you mean, you want to move mails between different backends,
like moving from your IMAP INBOX to a local folder (in the nnfolder
backend) that would not be so easy, but from the config you quote,
that doesn't seem to be the case.  It looks like you want to split
from your IMAP INBOX into your IMAP folder "Deleted Items", and that's
just the thing nnimap-split-rule does.

so long, benny