RE: [h-e-w] Problems with gnuserv in XP

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Problems with gnuserv in XP
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:27:53 -0400

Though not helpful for the current problem people are having (sorry to bo of
no help here), may i also through into the gnuserv arena what appears to be
a much later version of gnuserv for gnu emacs which fixes a number of
security issues with ealier gnuserv, found at

http://meltin.net/hacks/emacs/

This is essentially taken from xemacs and modified to work with gnuemacs.
There might therefore be licensing issues, not sure. I've been trying to
build this for windows using the cygwin gcc with the -mno-cygwin option, but
have not yet been succesful, but it should in principle work. The version of
gnuserv.el in this package might not break customize unlike the gnuserv.el
with the more usual gnuserv package. fingers crossed.

jonathan.