RE: [h-e-w] Problems with gnuserv in XP

From: Fredrik Oberg
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Problems with gnuserv in XP
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:52:02 +0200

Hi,
and thanks for all input. How ever, things still doesn't
work as expected...

> 1) After running emacs, open the task manager and check that
> gnuserv is actually running, what you describing sounds like
> its exited.

Hate to tell you, but it is running..

> 2)  Try running the tools outside of emacs.

[snip]

I followed your detailed instruction and everything worked
ok

> 2) If that worked then you should be able to run inside
> emacs.
>
> In you .emacs file you can also add the line:
>
>   (get-buffer-create "*server*")
>
> before the line saying
>
>   (require 'gnuserv)

Ok, if I use runemacs, the *server* buffer says nothing,
and emacs and gnuserv is in the taskmanager.

If I use my sendto shortcut, after opening the first file,
the *server* buffer says:

1928 (server-edit-files-quickly '((1 .
"c:/TEMP/gnuserv/gnudoit.c")))
1928/3:nil

The taskmanager says that emacs and gnuserv is running.

When trying to send another file to emacs, nothing happens
in emacs, but there is a gnuclientw process in taskmanager.
Looks like the process is waiting for gnuserv to take over,
but gnuserv never does... Any more clues...?

Regards
/Fredrik