Re: [h-e-w] copy of mail to Sent Mail folder with gnus/nnimap

From: Tom Capey
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] copy of mail to Sent Mail folder with gnus/nnimap
Date: 17 Sep 2002 07:48:53 +0100

* Underwood, Jonathan <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
> Having finally given in and started the uphill fight with gnus, i'm having a
> bit of a problem with the following issue - i am accesing my mail via nnimap
> (on an ms exchange server), and want to set gnus to save a copy of each mail
> i send to a Sent Mail folder, and can;t quite figure how to set this to be
> done automatically. Any suggestions?

  get the following line into the header:

Gcc: nnimap+<IMAP-SERVER>:"Sent Items"

  this is done automatically when you use the following
  variables:

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnimap "IMAP-SERVER"))

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
      '((if (message-news-p)
            "sent-news"
          "\"Sent Items\"")))

  I use the top level folder _sent-news_ for news and _Sent
  Items_ for the usual stuff.  you can easily do more
  interesting stuff.

/Tom
--
"...and so, as the Neil Hamilton of time meets the Martin Bell of
destiny, and the airport extension of life confronts the Swampy of